20060912

Ohh See Dee

Late. Shit. What time is it?
-10:28.
Hurry. Hurry. Where are my shoes?
-By the door.
Got my pack?
-Yes.
Computer?
-Yup.
Car keys are in the pocket. House key... pocket too.
-Is that your house key?
Pull it out. Yes.
-10:29.
Shit. Why is time passing so fast? Slow down.
-Is the stove off?
Of course. I would notice it if it were still on. I wouldn't do that. It's fine.
-Is it? Is it fine?
Yeah, I need to go.
-Wouldn't that suck if you burned down your house because you didn't take the few seconds you need to check the stove?
-I'm sure it's off. That's it. I'm walking. Door closed. Going to the car. Where is the car?
-Up the street. How sure are you that the stove is off?
100%. Where's my car keys? Pocket? Damn, I don't feel... wait, found them. In car.
-Backpack?
Got it.
-Stove? Are you sure?
Well, shit. Alright. Let's run. Sprint.
-Leave the door open. You'll be right back.
See, I told you the damn stove was off.
-Are you sure that the dial is all the way on off. Maybe it's turned slightly on. Better touch it to check it.
Look. I'm grabbing the dial, turning it on, now click. It's off.
-But you just turned it on. Now it's really your fault if it's on.
Alright, I'll do the same. Click on. Click off. It's off.
-It's off.
It's off.
-It's off.
I'm not halucinating. It's off.
-Off.
Alright, sprint back to the car. Car keys. Got them go! Ignition. Alright.
-Is the door closed?
What, of course.
-You sprinted through the door... did you close it? All the way? Sometimes it sticks.
Shit. You're right. I'll drive by real slow like. I'll see it if it's open.
-Sometimes it's just barely open.
No one will notice if it's cracked.
-But if someone does.
I'm driving by. End of story.
-Alright, let's see it.
Driving, driving, shit it looks open. The door. Dammit, I closed it, I know I did.
-But there's a glare... can you see through the glare on the glass to the door... did you really close it?
Okay, stopping the car. Middle of the street, turn on the blinkers. Running up the staris.
-Between you and me the door is probably closed.
I know. See? It is.
-Better safe than sorry... now let's go.
10:38. Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home